Updated: Nov 23, 2022
Author of the book, How Can I Help My Child Communicate? A handbook for developing communication skills. Ages birth to 3 years old. Theresa Alexander Inman obtained her BA in Psychology at York University, Toronto, Canada. She received her MA in Mental Health Counseling at Webster University, Merritt Island, Florida. In addition, Theresa Alexander Inman is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst and Infant Toddler Developmental Specialist devoted to sharing her knowledge and experience to train parents to empower themselves and their children.
This book provides strategies to help your child develop skills to prevent or reduce the effects of any possible delays while having fun!
Subjects covered in the book:
- Use Your Environment and Routines to Teach
- Helping a Child Whose Language Is Not Functional
- Using Sign Language
- How to Fade and Why It Is Important
- Avoid Anticipating Your Child's Needs
- Teach Your Child That Their Words Work
- Placement of Toys and Preferred Items
- Sensory Tips
- Working with a Child with Echolalia
- Various Examples of How to Make Learning fun!
Theresa is currently working on her next book about communication between teachers and their students.